Tuesday, June 3, 2014

An Interview with -- Me! Part 2

I'm quite flattered to find that there seems to be so much curiosity about me.  In the comment section of the previous post, I got a whole new batch of questions about my life!  I guess you humans don't often get the chance to get to know a magical pool of raven blood.  So, here are some answers for Sir Honour, Clementine, the eighty-ninth!

I have a few questions about your life, and some err…more personal questions. I’ll start with my wife’s question, though. Sir Raven Blood, where did your personality come from? Do all vials of raven blood made by wizards have personalities?I quite wondered this question myself.

That's a very personal question, for sure.  I mean, where did your personality come from, bro?  Or your wife's?  There are so many factors, dude.  However, I can give you at least a partial answer.  In my formative years when I was just a young pool of raven blood, Farland befriended a surfer named Lazlo.  He was from the South of Fritillary.  The surfer hung out a lot in Farland's evil lair, so I had lots of chances to pop into his mind and get to know him better.  It turns out Farland only befriended Lazlo in order to figure out where to find the seaweeds and corals he needed for his spells, and once he'd gotten all the information he needed Lazlo stopped coming around.  I've always feared the worst, but have hoped that Lazlo is still alive, and not shooting the curl in the great beyond.  Before Lazlo disappeared, he taught me an awful lot, though.  The principles (if  not the practices) of zen yoga, pacifism, and a heck of a lot more kindness than I'd ever known before.  I like to think that, if Lazlo is indeed dead, I am honoring him by carrying his life-philosophy on into the world.

Also, are you fond of tea? I’m quite fond of tea, and I couldn’t imagine not drinking it.

Farland tripped one time and accidentally dropped a cup of Raspberry Zinger in me, and it diluted me like cray-zee, man.  I didn't care for the stuff.  Couldn't speak a complete sentence or think straight until he'd poured about a raven-and-a-half worth of fresh blood into me.

Do you have a favorite color? I know there’s the whole not having eyes thing, but surely you must have one?
When I was ravens, I enjoyed the ultraviolet spectrum best.  We birds can see more than you humans.

Do you ever feel remorse that ravens have to be slain in order for you to survive? I know they’re not the most wholesome creature, but they are living.

Totally, dude.  Totally.  I have nightmares and everything.  But then I employ some of Lazlo's teachings and I carry on, trying to do as much good as I can, so as to make sure that the ravens didn't die in vain. 

How did you learn to speak, was it innate, or did you have to teach yourself?

I just listened to Farland and worked it out.  I don't smell or see, or even feel really, so all I've got is hearing.  When that's all that you can experience, you figure out stuff pretty quick.

The evil wizard that created you wasn’t exactly the brightest wizard in the batch, and you don’t like serving him (quite understandably), but I was wondering, why choose Warren? He’s not exactly the brightest boy in the batch, though he is resourceful!

Of all the spells that Farland ever cast using me as an ingredient, the one where he cursed Conroy's firstborn child bothered me the most.  So when I got the opportunity to help the counter-curse out, I took it!

One last question, Sir Raven Blood, and I will let you continue existing in peace. How do you feel about the women’s rights movement?

The women's right movement is awesome.  About half my blood is from female ravens, so I'm half chick-raven blood!  But even if I was all dude-raven blood, I'd still think chicks and dudes should have equality.  I'm a raven, not a pig! 

Thanks to you and your wife for the awesome questions!

Love and kisses,

The magical vial of raven blood

http://www.jukepop.com/home/read/1504/?chapter=1&sl=240

2 comments:

  1. Hi Magical Pool - It must be quite interesting to come from so many ravens. One thing that I am wondering...have you ever tried donating blood? What would happen if you were transfused back into a real, living raven? Would this raven turn into a super raven? Would he or she gain magical powers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the questions! I have never donated blood. In Fritillary, veterinarians don't give blood transfusions to sick ravens. As to your super raven question, that is very, very intriguing! I have no idea, but would LOVE to find out. To fly again! To maybe be able to talk and be magic, too! Dude. I should bounce that idea off Farland.

      Delete